Baby massage is a longstanding parenting tradition in many cultures, including Indian and African, and was introduced to the western world during the last 30 years. The massage offers a wonderful experience and a special time to communicate both verbally and non-verbally with babies, so that they feel loved, valued and respected.
Infant massage classes are a fun way to learn how to soothe your baby, relieve tummy upsets, learn to understand your baby’s non-verbal language and much, much more. Our classes are informal, relaxed, and small enough to ensure you get the personal attention you need.
Infant massage is simple, easy to learn and effective! The IAIM baby massage course draws from both the Indian and Swedish massage traditions, as well as incorporating principles from yoga and reflexology.
The Benefits of Baby Massage
For your baby
- Helping your baby to feel securely attached
- Helping your baby to feel more loved, valued and respected
- Reduced crying and emotional distress
- Increased levels of relaxation and longer sleep
- Development of body awareness and coordination
- Relief from wind, colic, constipation and teething discomfort
- Feeling closer to your baby
- Gaining a deeper understanding of your baby's behaviour, crying and body language
- Providing an enjoyable opportunity to spend one-to-one time with your baby
- Feeling the relaxing effects of giving your baby a massage
- Increased confidence in your ability to care for and nurture your baby
- Learning a life-long parenting skill